When you invest in conversion rate optimization and search engine optimization, your business is better for it in the short and long term. Check out some optimization strategies and CRO & SEO tips to try.
Conversion Rate Optimization Tips
If building a higher and more consistent conversion rate is a central goal for your business, then CRO may be a wise investment to make. Google says that the secret to great test results is a solid CRO. Here are some tips to try out when looking to strategize your optimization.
- Conduct quantitative research: identify where customers drop off in the funnel and identify patterns on landing pages.
- Conduct qualitative research: find out how your customers think and how they interact with your site to identify what they like and dislike so you can better tailor your website to their needs.
- Test: test your messaging and content to see what works best to convert on-site.
Remember that ad campaigns get people to your website, but it is still up to your website to convert that traffic.
Search Engine Optimization Tips
Even with the end goal of increasing conversions, improved visibility online can only help. While running pay-per-click ads gives websites a quick influx of traffic, SEO brings more people to your site over time. Investing in SEO improves your site and gets more users there organically. Here are a few tips to improve your SEO strategy.
- Add content: every page on your website should have at least one paragraph of content to communicate to search engines what the page is about.
- Use keywords: keywords help inform search engines what you should rank for, so add them naturally to your content.
- Get backlinks: reach out to reputable websites and ask them to add a link to your website onto theirs; backlinks build credibility with Google.
Search engine optimization does not show immediate results. It takes continuous effort, but building trust with Google and gaining visibility helps your business create sustainable growth.
How They Work Together
SEO works to get more people to your website in an organic way. CRO helps to capture that traffic and create conversions from it. Getting more users to see your site is an uphill battle, but you want to see those users convert once you get them there. If that is not happening, you need to invest more in CRO. It is a delicate balance between building a business with a robust customer base and a high conversion rate.
There are many ways you can work on your optimization strategies. With these CRO & SEO tips, you can get started with confidence. If you ever get stuck, reach out to a professional digital marketing agency. This is often a lucrative investment in your business and yields valuable returns.